Admission open 2018: PGDM Pharmaceutical Management at SDCPGBM, (Kim) Surat
PGDM Pharmaceutical Management is a 2 years full time program through which students can build on competencies required in the delivery of pharmacy operational services. The course is designed to prepare graduates who can assume high level managerial, supervisory and leadership responsibilities. Areas of competence emphasized during the program includes understandings of safe and effective use of medication, global impact of quality assurance and QBD, effective management of human resources, financial resources, use of technology with a right temperament of leadership skill.
- To provide an environment that enables students to benefit and learn pharmacy
administration from their collective learning experiences.
- To offer opportunities to develop the ability to think critically, make analysis and build capacity for independent learning.
- To develop capabilities to complete a challenging extended piece of independent study in a learning environment where project work choices are supported by faculty research and industry experts.
- To train students for challenging roles in sales and marketing as well as contribute to business development with their capabilities.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and mastery of techniques relevant to pharmacyadministration and/or to demonstrate a clear understanding of concepts, information and techniques at the forefront of the pharmacy administration.
- Develop awareness of the responsibilities of pharmacy administration, including understanding the role and functions of pharmacy and their role in healthcare context and prepare to handle the management and development issues faced by a manager, including structure and organization; planning and managing resources; and reviewing and evaluating services. Also recognize how operational problems and situations are handled in practice by undertaking and reporting at a pharmaceutical industry.
- Formulate ideas and develop and participate in implementation of plans.
Take a proactive and self-reflective role in working and to develop professional relationship.
- The Indian pharmaceutical market (IPM) is valued at ($ 33 billion) out of which $ 17 billion constitutes export.
- During 2013-2015, opportunities on account of patent expiries amounted to around $ 125 billion creating a large opportunity for Indian Pharma industry.
- The industry has accounts for over 10 per cent of global pharmaceutical production and over 60,000 generic brands across 60 therapeutic categories.
- Manufactures more than 400 different APIs.
- India is 3rd in volume and 13th in Value in Pharmaceuticals.
- Employment opportunities to increase by 17% for Pharmaceutical Management by 2024 (BLS).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PGDM PROGRAM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Science, Life Sciences, MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Biotechnology from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate. Post Graduate degree holders in Economics, Psychology and Sociology can also apply.
- Candidates with B.Tech. or B.E. in Bio-Tech. or Bio-Medical are also eligible to apply
- Applicants who are appearing for the final-year degree examination can also apply, subject to submission of all mark sheets and pass certificate to SDCPGBM’s Academic Program office at a later date. Failing to do so will result in admission being cancelled.
- Candidates working in Pharmaceutical Companies for more than two years are preferred.
- Student should have appeared in one of the qualifying exams MAT/ CAT/
SDCPGBM will conduct the CT-GE-PI process for shortlisted candidates from the SDCPGBM Common Application form for its final selection process.
- The Critical Thinking Test
After arrival and registration of the shortlisted candidates, there will be a 20 minute long Critical Thinking Test, which will evaluate the candidate on two parameters – critical thinking and written communication skills.
- Group Exercise
After the critical thinking test, the candidates will be formed into small groups and will perform a Group Exercise. The group will be given a problem to solve or a task to perform, which they must do together with discussion among group members. For instance, they might be asked to do a short case study, solve a puzzle, or solve a business problem. This will take approximately 30 minutes and will evaluate the candidate on five parameters – contribution of ideas, leadership potential, interpersonal skills, innovation & creativity and communication & attitude.
- Personal Interview
After the Group Exercise, the candidate will have a personal interview of approximately 15 minutes, during which he/she will be evaluated on four parameters: academic orientation, communication skills, versatility (extra-curricular activities / general awareness), as well as values & maturity. Candidates With work experience will be additionally evaluated on the relevance of their work experience in relation to the PGDM program.
- The final merit of the candidate will be a cumulative weighted average which has the Academic Scores, Work Experience and the scores obtained during the CT-GE-PI process.
Internet @ 5 mbps: All members on the intranet have access to Internet 24 hours a day, through 5 mbps Internet Line. The Internet bandwidth will be enhanced every year.
Library: Fully computerized and well stocked Library with over 2500+ books, 100+ journals, periodicals and DVDs/ CDs. Library includes not only paper versions, but also electronic versions, CD-ROMs.
Tutorial Rooms: The Tutorial Rooms are spacious, well ventilated and in conformity with international standards. Classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled along with audio-visual media and LCD Projectors. A Common room equipped with tables enables participants to discuss in groups and promotes peer discussion and learning.
Seminar Hall: A Seminar Hall with a seating capacity of 100 is one of the highlights of the our Campus. It has modern facilities to conduct board meetings, campus recruitment, research seminars etc.
Hostel facility: SDCPGBM provides very good hostel facilities in the Campus itself. Airy rooms well-furnished with attached bathroom, Internet, refrigerator, laundry facility, filtered drinking water, TV Room, indoor games room are the features of the hostel.
- Computer Center: Equipped with one server to handle application database and communication.
- 70 desktops – 60 for the lab and 10 for the faculty and staff.
- Close-circuit TV
- Public Announcement Systems
- Open and Closed Cafeteria
- Recreation Room and Medical Room
The course fee for the two-year PGDM Pharmaceutical Management is Rs 3.00 lakhs.
Kindly visit our website for more details.
Last date to request application form – Sep 30, 2018.
Last date for submission of application form – Sep 30, 2018.
Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2018.
Apply Online Application: Click Here
Application form: Click Here
The admission form is available on our website . The eligible candidate can apply online. The candidate can also download the application form and send it to the address mentioned below.
For admission related queries please contact: +91 9924304828; +91 9924204827,
or write to email@example.com