GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST (GPAT) is a national level entrance examination for entry into M.Pharm programmes. From 2013-2018, it was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Test will now be conducted by the NTA. Before 2013, from the year 2010 to 2012 it was conducted by M S Baroda University on behalf of AICTE.
Till 2009 for M.Pharm scholarship, pharmacy graduates given GATE examination, which was conducted by various IIT.
This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master”s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Students appearing for the final year of B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2020-21 can also apply for GPAT – 2020 computer-based test (CBT).
- Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
- The students must be a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT – 2020.
- In case of institutes run by Central Government, 15% of the seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC belonging to the “Non-Creamy Layer” (OBC – NCL).
- Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016)
Facility provide for:
In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected-BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe/reader/lab assistant shall be given, if so desired by the person.
IMP NOTE: No change in the category will be entertained after the last date of GPAT – 2020 application form and no subsequent changes will be effective for GPAT Score 2020.
Start of On-line Application Form submission : 1 to 30 Nov 2019
Date for uploading of Candidate’s Photo andSign: First Week of Nov 2019 to First week of Dec 2019
Examination Date: 24 Jan 2020
Time of Exam: 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 p.m.
Allotment of Admit Cards from NTA’s website: 24 Dec 2019
Result: 3 Feb 2020
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC: Male – Rs 1400/-; Female – Rs. 700/
SC/ST/PwD: Male & Female – Rs 700/-
Transgender: Rs. 700/-
GPAT 2020 Website: Click Here
Helpline number: 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Examination City: Various cities of India are alloted as examination centers
Syllabus: Click Here
GPAT Score Card
- On the basis of final answer keys result will be compiled.
- After declaration of result of GPAT – 2020, No grievance with regard to answer key(s) will be entertained.
- The raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of GPAT-2020.
- GPAT Score card will not be dispatched to the candidates and the candidates aresuggested to download their score cards from the NTA website ( official website of GPAT)only.
- There shall be no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained by NTA.
GPAT SCORE CARD VALIDITY: GPAT score card will be valid for three years.
GPAT Books: Click Here
Free GPAT Notes PDF: Click Here
GPAT Information Booklet: Click Here