Titile & Description
University Innovation Cluster-Biotechnology has been established by BIRAC in University of
Rajasthan to foster innovations and entrepreneurship for Post-Doctoral & Post-Graduate
students. The fellowships are highly competitive and exceptionally motivated students who have an eye for innovation and drive for start-ups would be selected for the fellowships. UICB will
incubate and mentor selected applicants for carrying out the innovative research. Interested
applicants can apply with their area specific research proposals to UIC-B, University of
BIRAC & UIC-Rajasthan University
- Ph.D. degree (for Post-Doctoral Fellowship)
- Masters/B.Tech/ B.Pharma/B.E degree/M.Pharm (for Post-Graduate Fellowship) on or after 1st January 2017 are eligible.
Benefits of scholarship/Award/
BIRAC Innovation Fellowships are for high level of innovation and application research in the biotechnology sector. This scheme supports only up-to-conceptstage.
- Post Doctoral Fellow: INR 50,000 per month with annual research grant of INR 5 lakhs.
- Post Graduate Fellow INR 30,000 per month with annual research grant of INR 2 lakhs.
- Fellowship is for a period of 18 months with a provision of 6 months extension only for deserving cases.
- Mentoring support and project monitoring by UIC, BIRAC and partnered industries.
Proposal under UIC scheme has to be submitted in the prescribed format available on the website with relevant self-attested documents by post to RU UIC-B.
For further details : Click Here
Documents required to apply for Scholarship
- Marksheets ofUG, PG
- Degree of UG, PG
Proposal Submission Opens: 20/05/2019
Proposal Hard Copy Submission Closes: 30/06/2019
What is the Duration of Fellowship?
Fellowship is for a period of 18 months with a provision of 6 months extension only for deserving cases.
What Specific Research Areas Required?
The University Innovation Cluster established at RU has broad scientific areas, under
which BIRAC Innovation Fellows will be selected.
Cellular Therapeutics; Bioactive drugs; Value added food products; Bioinformatics;
For any Query, please contact:
UICB Chief Coordinator, Centre for Converging Technologies, University of Rajasthan,