GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST (GPAT) is a national level entrance examination for entry into M.Pharm programmes. From 2013-2018, it was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Test will now be conducted by the NTA. Before 2013, from the year 2010 to 2012 it was conducted by M S Baroda University on behalf of AICTE.
Till 2009 for M.Pharm scholarship, pharmacy graduates given GATE examination, which was conducted by various IIT.
This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master”s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Students appearing for the final year of B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2019-20 can also apply for GPAT – 2019 computer-based test (CBT).
- Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
- The students must be a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT – 2019.
- In case of institutes run by Central Government, 15% of the seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC belonging to the “Non-Creamy Layer” (OBC – NCL).
- Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016)
Facility provide for:
In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected-BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe/reader/lab assistant shall be given, if so desired by the person.
IMP NOTE: No change in the category will be entertained after the last date of GPAT – 2019 application form and no subsequent changes will be effective for GPAT Score 2019.
On-line submission of Application Form (Upto 11.50 p.m.): 01.11.2018 to 30.11.2018
Date for uploading of Candidate’s Photo and Candidate’s Sign: 01.11.2018 to 01.12.2018
Date of Examination: 28th January,2019
Time of Exam: 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 p.m.
Allotment of Admit Cards from NTA’s website: From 07.01.2019
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC: Male – Rs 1400/-; Female – Rs. 700/
SC/ST/PwD: Male & Female – Rs 700/-
Transgender: Rs. 700/-
GPAT Website: Click Here
Helpline number: 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Syllabus: Click Here
GPAT Score Card
- The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after declaration of result of GPAT – 2019 will be entertained.
- The raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of GPAT-2019.
- No score card will be dispatched to the candidates and the candidates are advised to download their score cards from the website: www.ntagpat.nic.in only.
- There shall be no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained by NTA.
GPAT SCORE CARD VALIDITY: GPAT score card will be valid for three years.
GPAT Information Booklet: Click Here