Titile & Description
AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) Scholarship 2019-20
AICTE in order to ensure development of technical education in India awards Post Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month through its Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme to full time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved programs Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and
Master of Pharmacy courses in AICTE approved Institutions and AICTE approved University Departments.
All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
For Pharmacy: GPAT Qualified Candidate + B.Pharm Pass
For Engneering: GATE Qualified Candidate + B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch Pass
Benefits of scholarship/Award/
Rs. 12,400/- per month
The rates of PG Scholarship is subject to change as per the notification issued by Department of Higher Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi from time to time with the approval of the Executive Committee of the Council.
General instruction for students
- Only GATE/GPAT qualified candidates are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Candidates admitted for part time courses are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Bank account name and candidate name should be same
- Joint accounts are not permitted for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Student must have general saving account in the bank. (Minor/no frills account will not be accepted)
- GATE candidates admitted in engineering and architecture program and GPAT candidates admitted in pharmacy program alone are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Admissions before or after GATE/GPAT validity shall not be considered for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Creamy layer OBC candidates who had qualified under OBC category are not eligible for GATE scholarship
- Candidates qualified under SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped not having authentic certificate are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- GATE/GPAT scholarship shall be given from date of commencement of classes/date of admission (whichever is later) to completion of courses/date of submission of thesis
- The GATE/GPAT scholarship will be disbursed for a maximum period of 24 month or till completion of courses/date of submission of thesis whichever is earlier
Action to Be taken by Student & Institute: Click Here
Student Help Manual for Applying for PG Scholarship via DBT: Click Here
Documents required to apply for Scholarship
- Recent authentic non-creamy layer certificate[NCL] is required for OBC candidates (not more than 1-year old)
- Documents in support of SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate shall be attested by the institute principal or gazetted officer
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate should be in Hindi/English otherwise it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by notary officer or by the principal in institute letter head. Student shall upload both original and translated certificate
All other attachments shall be self-attested by the candidate
- Only clear and readable attachments shall be accepted
Last Date to Apply: 30 Sept 2019
1. Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled only to those students who are admitted in the course with a valid GATE/GPAT score at the time of admission. Any
student who qualifies the GATE/GPAT exam after the date of admission shall not be eligible for grant of scholarship for the reasons whatsoever it may be.
2. The grant of Post Graduate Scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during his/her course of study in the Institute.
3. Foreign students, sponsored candidates and candidates admitted in PG programs through management quota are not eligible for the Scholarship.
4. It will be obligatory for every post-graduate student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to him / her by the Institute. This could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty members, maintenance and
operation of Computers and other central facilities, assistance in library, etc.
5. The Scholarship will be granted to the student on a monthly basis subject to the satisfactory academic performance and adherence to University/Institute norms/rules and regulations as applicable time to time, certified by the Head of the Institute and obligatory work as per item (4) above.
6. PG Scholarship is not admissible to passed out students taking 2nd time admission on the basis of re-qualifying GATE/GPAT exam who have already
availed the scholarship from AICTE or any other Centrally funded Institution like – IIT’s, NIT’s and IIIT’s etc.
7. The Scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course i.e. from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion of the
classes whichever is lower and is not extendable under any circumstances.
8. The rates of PG Scholarship is subject to change as per the notification issued by Department of Higher Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi from time to time with the approval of the Executive Committee of the Council.
9. The student shall be required to give an undertaking to the effect that he / she would not leave the course midway. In case any student leaves the course in
midway he/she will be required to refund the total PG Scholarship drawn at the time of leaving the course.
10.The Scholarship may be discontinued at any time for any kind of misconduct by the student, like involving in the act of ragging, misbehavior etc.
11.Students are eligible of following leave:
Casual leave : 15 days in a academic year.
Medical leave : Maximum of one month (30 days) in academic year
Maternity leave : As per the Govt of India instructions time to time.
12.Salary grant or any other grant e.g. Contingencies, Library, Books etc, will not be admissible to any of the Institute/College/ University implementing this scheme in compliance with the instructions of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Deptt. of Higher Education, Technical Section – I
conveyed vide letter No. F. No. 9-2/2007-TS.I dated 22nd July, 2008.
13.The mode and procedure of payment of Scholarship to the students shall be governed by the policy decision of the AICTE as may be notified from time to time on its web-portal or through advertisement in leading English/Hindi newspapers.
14.Any belated claim preferred after one year of the completion of the program shall not be entertained.
15.The AICTE may impose any other conditions as deemed necessary from time to time and the decision of the AICTE shall be final and binding upon the recipients i.e. University/Institute/College/Student who are under the ambit of the AICTE for receipt of PG Scholarship.
AICTE HELPLINE NUMBER
For any queries please contact at the following helpline numbers (10 AM to 5 PM) 011-26131576-78,80
Please send your Grievances/Queries regarding GATE/GPAT Scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org