Titile & Description
La Trobe: JSSAHER PhD Scholarship in Public Health 2019
About La Trobe:
- La Trobe University is based in the State of Victoria, Australia, and accommodates 36,000 students, of which more than 1,600 are Higher Degree by Research
- 7,600 of our student population are international students coming from 110 countries. The University is made up of a number of campuses in Victoria,
including Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Melbourne and Shepparton, Sydney.
- La Trobe is among the best 1.4% of the world’s universities. University Has rank 301 st in the ARWU (2017), 360th in the QS (2017) and 377th in the THE (2016) world university
- In 2017 La Trobe University were positioned #56 in the world in the THE Young Universities Rankings, which made us one of the world’s best young universities.
- JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSSAHER) is a deemed-tobe University located in Mysuru, Karnataka. It was established in 2008 under
Section 3 of UGC ACT 1956 and is recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- JSS AHER is accredited with “A+” Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the second cycle in 2018.
JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSSAHER) & La Trobe University Australia
- Masters in First Class in Life
Science / Psychology / Cognitive Neuroscience / Nutrition / Pharmacy , including Pharm
- M.D. degree holders of related degree may also be considered.
- Those who are anticipating Final
Results by the End of June 2019 may also apply.
Benefits of scholarship/Award/
- La Trobe Research Scholarship for 3.5 years with a value of INR 25,000 per month in years 1 and 2, and INR 28,000 per month in year 3 and the first half of
year 4 of candidature, to support your living costs.
- Fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for up to four years (international candidates).
- Opportunity to travel to La Trobe University, Australia for up to six months during your candidature, including accessing a travel grant of up to AUD$15,000 (pro
rata for six months) (upon prior approval).
- Opportunities to work with outstanding researchers at La Trobe University and JSSAHER, and access to professional development programs through La Trobe’s
Research and EducationUnit.
1. Expression of Interest: Send your CV, transcripts, certificates and relevant publications (if any) in a pdf file to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 March 2019. You will be notified of the outcome of your expression of interest by email.
2. Interview: If your expression of interest is successful, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe on skype and JSSAHER in person,
separately, during April or early May 2019. Interviews will take place at the JSSAHER campus in Mysuru, India.
3. Invitation to apply: If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be invited to formally apply for both the scholarship and for PhD candidature.
La Trobe and JSSAHER will carefully review your application and consider you for a La Trobe – India PhD Scholarship in Public Health. We anticipate that the successful
candidate will be advised of the outcome of their application in June – July 2019
Documents required to apply for Scholarship
- Your CV
- Transcripts (Marksheets)
- Relevant publications (if any)
29 March 2019
Is this Scholarship for PhD?
NOTE: A doctoral scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding candidate to undertake research on the role of air pollution and pollen exposure on asthma in Mysuru region.