Award of Biotechnology Overseas Associateship by Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Ministry of Science & Technology Government of India
These Associateships are meant for Indian Nationals working as Scientists in any of the North-Eastern States of India, under the special programme for the north-east for conducting research or training in overseas research laboratories in different areas of Biotechnology.
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Ministry of Science & Technology Government of India
- Applicants should hold a Ph. D degree or equivalent degree in the area of life sciences, biotechnology or biopharmaceuticals or M.D. in medicine/ M. Pharma or M.Tech with good research contribution and 3 years research experience.
- b) Applicants should hold regular/ permanent positions in Government recognized research and academic institutions / universities and should be actively engaged in biotechnology or related R&D work. Note: Applications from persons working on temporary positions (e.g. Research fellows or associates etc.) will not be considered.
- c) Age: Up to 55 years (as on last date of submission)
- d) Proposed area of work should be among the above mentioned areas or related to life science or biotechnology field in general.
- e) Host institute should be internationally recognized academic/research institution and should be willing to accept and extend necessary support to candidate for the proposed research work. [Consent letter to be enclosed].
Benefits of scholarship/Award
Long Term: US $ 2000/- per month
Preparatory allowance of Rs. 12,000/- one time grant.
Cost of air passage in economy class by Air India
Short Term: US $ 2400/- per month.
Preparatory Allowance of Rs.10,000/- one time grant.
Cost of air passage in economy class by Air India.
Candidates should submit their applications through proper channel, (one hard copy) as per the format which is available on the website.
What about Age Limit?
Long Term 40 years, Short Term 50 years.
Dr. T. Madhan Mohan, Adviser
Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science & Technology
Block 2, CGO Complex, Lodi Road
New Delhi – 110003, Delhi
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details click here