Lalita and Ravindra Nath International Travel Awards 2019
Purpose: For researchers working in neurosciences intending to present an abstract at a neuroscience conference or attend neuroscience schools / training workshops outside India.
Eligibility: PhD & Post Doc Fellow from Indian Universities Or Research Organization
1.Student should be the first author on the selected abstract, presenting their work as a talk or poster at an international neuroscience conference or selected for a neuroscience workshop and be an IAN member at
the time of application.
2. Student should be at an advanced stage of pursuing research in neuroscience in a national laboratory or UGC recognized university as a Ph.D. candidate or a post-doctoral fellow (PDF) (awarded Ph.D. degree
within the last 2 years from the application deadline).
3. Student should have a strong scholastic record and the application should be supported by two recommendation letters, including one from the Ph.D. supervisor.
4. Student should provide a paragraph to describe the scientific questions being pursued and as to how the conference / school / workshop will help in their research (within 200 words).
5. The application will be reviewed by a committee, and two awards will be announced 4 weeks after the last date of application.
6. Priority will be given to researchers (Ph.D. students or PDF) attending the FAONS conference or neuroscience school / training workshops / conference in the Asian region and conference or workshop in other regions of the globe.
1. INR 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) will be provided to the selected candidates to cover partial expenses towards their registration, travel, boarding and lodging.
2. Total amount will be a maximum of INR 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) per award and will include a certificate signed by the President of the IAN.
3. Award money will be disbursed on return to India and after providing proof of participation (Participation certificate / picture at the meeting during talk / poster session), travel tickets (attested copy by the Head of
Department; HOD), receipts of registration and accommodation charges (attested copy by HOD) and a brief report of the conference / school / workshop.
Last Date: 29 March 2019