Merk Innovation Cup 2020
As a participant in Merk Innovation Cup, you get a chance to network with top students from around the world, work in teams to develop new innovative ideas for unmet medical need, and build a business case with support from experienced professionals.
Winner team Prize: €20,000 shared between whole team
Runner Up team Prize: €5,000 shared between whole team
The Innovation Cup summer camp takes place on 20-26 June 2020, near Frankfurt, Germany.
Benefits: Your travel, accommodation and food expenses are paid for by Merck.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
As part of the Innovation Cup, Merk invite you to join a week-long summer camp, to work together in a highly stimulating environment.
Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the fields:
- small molecules drug discovery,
- protein engineering and screening,
- Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
- Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical industry
- Network with the brightest students from all over the world
- Understand how products can be successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
- Get to know Merck and learn about career options
- A jury consiting of senior Merck researchers and managers as well as external experts will pick the winning business plans for first and second place.
- On the last day of the summer camp, a conference with alumni of previous Innovation Cup editions will be organized. Learn what alumni are doing today and expand your network of top innovators.
Following the Innovation Cup, options to implement the best business plans will be evaluated. We will keep you posted.
This program is not open to U.S. healthcare professionals. Merck retains exclusive right to make any press release or any kind of public communication about the Innovation Cup winner(s).
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applications are from postgraduate students in the life sciences working towards a PhD in biology, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, computer science, data science, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related fields.
- Postdoctoral students are also welcome to apply, as are advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical business and a background in life sciences.
Last Date: 31 Jan 2020.
You can apply for more than one team.