National Overseas Scholarship by Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) Government of India in Engineering , Science and Technology subject areas
The Scholarship is awarded for higher studies abroad in specified field of Engineering, Science & Technology and covers cost of tuition fee and other educational expenses including maintenance, other grants and travel expenses for various courses at Master’s level, Ph.D and Post Doctoral level.
15 National Overseas Scholarships are given to suitable candidates belonging to the following categories:
- Scheduled Tribes = 13,
- Primitive Tribal Group = 02.
- Only one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect a self-certification will be required from the candidate.
- Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond with at least two sureties of an amount of Rs 50,000/- each or the actual amount spent by the Government of India, whichever is more.
- The award can be availed only once by the candidate under the scheme.
- The awardees will be governed by the regulations of the Schemes. T
- he candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/ Institution abroad. Other details may be obtained on request.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) Government of India
- Post Doctoral – First class with 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree and Ph. D. 5 years’ – Research/Teaching/ Professional experience in the concerned field is desirable. Candidates with experience would be given preference.
- D. – First class or 60% marks equivalent grade in relevant Masters’ Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
- For Masters’ Degree – First class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelors’ Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
Benefits of scholarship/Award
- US $ 770/- per annum. Contingency Grant : US $ 500/- per annum.
- UK 500/- per annum. Contingency Grant : UK 225/- per annum.
The application must accompany the following documents: a) Matriculation or other certificates as proof for date of birth;
- b) Caste certificate from competent authority;
- c) All degree/Diploma/Certificate with mark sheets; and
- d) Income certificate in the prescribed format.
The employed candidates must send their applications through employer. In case of final selection, the employed awardee himself/herself has to sort out all administrative matters like study leave, salary etc. with his/her employer. The applications should be sent to the address given below.
What is the age limit?
Below 35 years
The Joint Director
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Government of India (Education Section)
Room No 400, B Wing, Shastri Bhawan
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road
New Delhi – 110001
E-mail : email@example.com
For more details: click here