Pharmacy Awards 2017 Nomination Open by Pharmacy Council of India
Scheme for Pharmacy Awards 2017
1. In order to recognize the outstanding services in the field of patient care and development of the community in betterment of collective health status and the best talents in encouraging the development of innovative programmes of study and research in the different branches of pharmaceutical sciences, the Pharmacy Council of India has instituted the “Pharmacy Awards”. The Council has also decided to observe 25th September as the Pharmacist’s Day.
The salient features of the award are as given below:-
2. The President, Pharmacy Council of India shall be the patron of the Pharmacy Awards.
3. The awards will be given in the following categories:-
i) Hospital Pharmacy
ii) Community Pharmacy
iii) Teaching Profession
iv) Research Pharmacy
v) Regulatory Pharmacy
vi) Industrial Pharmacy
vii) Best performing State Pharmacy Council; and
viii) Any other category as may be decided by the Pharmacy Council of India from time to time.
4. The composition of the Selection Committee shall be as follows:-
1. A retired Supreme Court Judge – Chairman
2. One Nominee of the Ministry of Health and – Member
F.W not below the rank of Director
3. Director General of Health Services – Member
4. Drugs Controller General of India – Member
5. President, PCI – Member
6. One member of the Central Council – Member
of PCI nominated by Executive Committee
7. Registrar-cum-Secretary, PCI – Member Secretary
5. Each award shall be of the value of Rs.50,000/-, a salver and citation.
6. The award will be given on the Pharmacist’s Day.
7. The following documents are enclosed –
a) Criteria for Selection for the Pharmacy Awards. (Annexure-7 A.a)
b) Application Form for Pharmacy Award (For category i) to vi) as mentioned in the scheme) (Annexure-7 A.b)
c) Instructions for preparing a Resume by the Applicant for Pharmacy Award (For category i) to vi) as mentioned in the scheme) (Annexure-7 A.c)
d) Application Form for Pharmacy Award (to be submitted by the State Pharmacy Council to PCI for category vii) mentioned in the scheme) (Annexure-7 A.d)
e) Office Order for Constitution of Selection Committee for Pharmacy Awards. (Annexure-7 A.e)
Last date to apply: 20 Aug 2017