Admission Open: PhD
Session January 2020
Institute: CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB), New Delhi
Masters degree (MSc/MTech/MPharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
- BTech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/BPharm/BE/MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination.
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till December 31, 2019 in all cases).
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
- GATE is NOT a valid fellowship to join the program for Masters degree holders. Please note that JGEEBILS/TIFR entrance exam/IISc entrance examination and similar examinations are NOT valid fellowship examinations for CSIR-IGIB. Please do not apply with these examinations as your fellowship source.
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, October 25, 2019) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
Apply Online: Click Here
For more detail: Click Here