Post Doctoral Fellowships by Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT, Roorkee) An Institute of National Importance
At Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee (Formerly University of Roorkee), a limited number of Post Doctoral Fellowships are available to carry out advanced research. The Institute has an illustrious history and a glorious past. The Thomason College, the oldest engineering college in India, owes its birth to the waters of Mother Ganges. With¬out the River Ganges there would have been no canal of that name, and, without the canal, no college at Roorkee. The Ganges Canal soon reached maturity, but its offspring, the Thomason College, planned by men of wisdom and foresight, grew steadily from the smallest beginnings till it attained the proud position which it now holds as one of the leading educa¬tional institutions of the East with great traditions and a reputation second to none. The establishment of an Engineering college at Roorkee was suggested to the Honourable James Thomason, Lieutenant-Governor of the North-West Provinces, about 1846, by Colonel Cautley of the Royal Artillery, who had been Superinten¬dent-General of Canals since 1836 and was busily engaged in the scheme, first contemplated by Colonel Colvin of the Bengal Engineers, for the employment of the waters of the Ganges for irrigation.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT, Roorkee) An Institute of National Importance
- Interested candidates having Ph. D Degree may apply for PostDoctoral Fellowship in all the disciplines mentioned above.
- Candidates with a Ph. D. degree in Science and Engineering or those who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis can apply.
- MD in Pharmacology (Preferred)/ Pathology/ PhD in Nanobiotechnology
Benefits of scholarship/Award
- The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below in addition with the contingency grant of Rs. 50,000/-per annum.
- First & Second Year: Rs. 55,000/- per month
- Third Year: Rs.60, 000/- per month
Application form and other details can be downloaded from the website.
What is the duration of this programme?
Two years (renewable for one more year).
The Chairman PS Admission
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand
Telephone No . : 01332-285874/284010
Fax : 01332-285874
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details click here