Training on Skill Development for Diagnosis and Management of Mental Illness using Digital Technology organized by IIHMR University, Jaipur, India
Venue:IIHMR University, Jaipur, India
Date: February 7-9, 2019.
Objectives of the programme
- Describe mental illness (prevalence, categories, causes, symptoms and impact) from a public health perspective;
- Explain challenges in providing mental health services, preventing suicides; and Develop clinical skills to assess mental disorders using GMHAT/PC.
Who can participate?
The participants will include policy makers, academic professionals, medical professionals, nursing and paramedical professionals, faculty members, voluntary organizations, social workers, and health / hospital managers.
Components of the Programme
First two days – Mental Health Training for health professionals adopting a participatory and experiential approach to Introduce digital technology GMHAT/PC, its scoring and assessments
Technical sessions of the Training Programme
- Mental health as a public health challenge
- Self Harm – Prevention of suicides
- Qualitative Research in Mental Health
- Global Mental Health Assessment Tool and its application: Success stories
- Dr S D Gupta
- Prof. Vimal Kumar Sharma
- Prof Thomas G Schulze
- Prof Angela Simpson
- Prof Matt Bowen
- Prof Mohammed Abou Saleh
- Dr Paola Tejada
- Prof catehrine Robinson
- Prof Prakas Behere
- Dr Ved Prakash Mishra
- Dr Satish malik
- Prof santosh Chaturvedi
- Prof. Satish Girimaji
Rural Mental Health Section in association with University of Chester, IIHMR University, Jaipur, and South Asia Self Harm Initiative.
IMP NOTE: 24 CE points will be awarded by The World Psychiatric Association for the whole event.
Dr Nutan Prabha Jain (firstname.lastname@example.org)