UGC-National Eligibility Test(UGC-NET)-December 2019
Mode of Examination: Computer Based Examination
Registration Dates:9 th September to 9th October, 2019
Downloading of Admit Cards: 9 th November, 2019
Dates of Examinations: 2nd to 6th December, 2019
Date of Announcing Result: 31st December, 2019
On behalf of UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals
- ‘only for Assistant Professor’
- ‘Only for Junior Research Fellowship
- For both’ in Indian Universities and Colleges
Till recently, the CBSE conducted the UGC-NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected cities spread across the country.
From Dec 2018 onwards, the UGC-NET will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The award of ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both’ or ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor only’ depends on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET in aggregate.
- However, the candidates qualifying for ‘Assistant Professor only’ are not to be considered for award of JRF.
- Additionally, candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor are governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
- Candidates with at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD (persons with disability)) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in)
Notification Press Release by NTA: Click Here
For More Detail: Click Here
UGC NET OLD Papers: Click Here