Admission Open For MSc Cognitive Science for July 2020 Session at IIT Gandhinagar
Admission to MSc Program is offered on the basis of entrance test and interview.
- The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for cognitive science.
- The written test will consist of comprehension type questions based on given passages, and statistical aptitude.
- The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, aptitude for cognitive science, written test and interview.
- The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic records without calling them for written test and/or interview.
- Test and interview will be held at IIT Gandhinagar. However, if there is any change in the venue, the shortlisted candidate will be intimated.
- The candidates appearing for the Test/Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1000/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.250/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Students who have a Bachelor’s degree (e.g. B.A., B.Sc., B.Tech, BCom, MBBS) in any discipline with a minimum of 55% (5.5 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% (5.0 CGPA for students with letter grades/CGPA) aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree, are eligible to apply for admission to the Master’s program in Cognitive Science.
Students who would be completing Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2019-2020 are also eligible to apply.
The short-listing of the applications is based on the overall credentials (Marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements and aptitude for cognitive science. The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum. The committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
Please visit Fee structure advisory to know more about IIT Gandhinagar fee structure
Eligible candidates admitted to MSc Cognitive Science program will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 5,000/-. The stipend support will be renewed per semester subject to a student’s continued satisfactory progress in the program.
Institute encourages MSc students to present their research work at national and international conferences, and provides travel scholarships of up to Rs. 60000/- to such students.
All students admitted to MSc Cognitive Science is eligible for hostel accommodation on a sharing basis.
All applications must be submitted online. You NEED NOT send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
There is NO application fee.
Last date for online Application: January 25, 2020
Entrance Test & Interviews: February 22 & 23, 2020