Loan Scholarships for Post Graduates, Ph.D and Post Doctoral by J.N. Tata Endowment in the field of Science and Technology
The trustees of J.N. Tata Scholarships give these loan scholarships to students with a creditable academic record. The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals at the beginning of their academic year for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowshipsabroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community. The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians has been helping Indian students since 1892 with loan scholarships for higher studies. People consider it a matter of great pride to be called a ‘JN Tata Scholar’. There are now more than 5,365 JN Tata Scholars all over the world.
J.N. Tata Endowment
- Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
- Candidates who are at the beginning of the second year of their overseas studies (fall 2020 – spring 2021) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only of the minimum duration of course is 2 years.
- Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Scholars who have already awarded the J N Tata Endowment loan scholarship cannot apply again for the same course.
Benefits of scholarship/Award
The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies. The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected scholars do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
- The selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship based on their overseas academic performance and partial travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts.
- A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the partial travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2020-2021.However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission. Candidates not older than 45 years as on 30th June, 2020, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
Candidates going overseas for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for theJ. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
J.N. Tata Endowment
Mumbai House, 24, Homi Mody Street
Mumbai – 400001
For more details click here