INSA Medal for Young Scientists by Indian National Science Academy (INSA) in the field of Science & Technology
In 1974, the Academy, instituted the scheme of Science Academy Medals for young Scientists with the aim of distinguishing young scientists of extraordinary promise and creativity who have made notable research contributions in Science & Technology.
- This Award, considered to be the highest recognition of promise, creativity and excellence in a young scientist, is made annually to those distinguished for these attributes as evidenced by their research work carried out in India.
- Many of them have established a rewarding scientific career and have made outstanding contributions winning further honour both in this country and abroad.
- The number of awards are limited to 30 per year.
- A notification inviting nominations for the award is issued each year at a Meeting of the Academy held in April/May.
- A candidate may be proposed by a Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy or by earlier recipients of this award. Scientific societies of national standing/university faculty, post-graduate departments or research institutions may also make nominations of eligible candidates.
- A nomination will remain valid for consideration for three years.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Indian National Science Academy (INSA) An apex body of Indian Scientists – Sponsored by DST
The award of an Academy medal to a Young Scientist shall be made in recognition of notable contributions to any branch of science or technology, recognized by the Academy, on the basis of work carried out in India.
Benefits of scholarship/Award
The award shall consist of a bronze medal of the following specifications:
(i) Size : 6.35 cm in diameter
(ii) Weight : About 114 grams
Obverse : Name of Medal (in Devanagari character)
Name of the recipient (in Devanagari characters)
Year (in International numerals)
Reverse : Seal of the Academy
Each awardee will be presented a Medal, a certificate and cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-.
The nomination shall be made in the prescribed format. The proforma can be downloaded from the website.
What about Age Limit?
Indian National Science Academy
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi – 110002, Delhi
For more details: click here