Post-Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to the Minority Communities by Ministry of Minority Affairs Department of Higher & Technical Education, (DHTE) Government of India
- This scheme has been launched under the Prime Minister’s 15 Point Programme for Welfare of the minorities. It is centrally sponsored scheme and it is implemented through State Governments and Union Territory administrations.
- The scheme will be applicable in all the States/Union Territory Administration. Only Students who belong to the Minority communities notified by the Central Government pursuing higher education, from Class XI up to Ph. D in Government recognized private school/college/institute including technical/vocational courses of Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centre (affiliated with NCVT) of Class XI & XII level and the courses other than covered under merit-cum means based scholarship scheme, post-matric scholarship to be awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- The Scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India only.
Ministry of Minority Affairs Department of Higher & Technical Education, (DHTE) Government of India
- Students should have 50% marks in the previous final Examination.
- The annual income from all sources, of the students parent or guardian should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh.
- Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- The scholarship holder will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursing the same course. Scholarship will not be given to more than two students in a family. 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students.
- In case girl students are not available then the scholarships earmarked for them will be awarded to eligible boy students. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account.
Benefits of scholarship/Award
|1.||Admission & Tuition fee for Classes XI & XII||Maximum Rs. 7,000/- p.a.||Maximum Rs. 7,000/- p.a.|
|2.||Admission & Tuition fee for technical & vocational courses of XI and XII level||Maximum Rs.10,000/- p.a.||Maximum Rs. 10,000/- p.a.|
|3.||Admission & Tuition fee for Under-Graduate, Post Graduate||Maximum Rs. 3,000/- p.a.||Maximum Rs. 3,000/- p.a.|
|4.||Maintenance allowance for 10 months i) Classes XI & XII ii) Technical & Professional at Under& Post Graduate level iii)M. Phil & Ph. D. (For researchers not awarded fellowship)||(i) Rs. 380/- per month
(ii) Rs. 570/- per month
(iii) Rs. 1,200/- per month
|(i)Rs. 230/- per month
(ii) Rs. 300/- per month
(iii) Rs. 550/- per month
* For 10 months in an academic year.
Application in the prescribed format shall be submitted by the students. The applications should be through the Head of the school/ college/ institute being attended by the student.
What is the selection procedure?
The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will supply the application forms and screen the eligibility of candidates.
The Director (Scholarships)
Ministry of Minority Affairs
11th Floor, Paryavaran Complex
CGO Complex, Lodi Road
New Delhi – 110003
For more details: click here