• Important term related to the Spectroscopy :-
- Spectroscopy :- spectroscopy is the analytical method in which concentration of compound in micro quantity by using electro magnetic radiation (EMR) .
- EMR :– It is made up of discrete particle called as photons. So, EMR have both particle and wave characteristics.
- Wave length :– The distance between the peak of the wave. it is denoted by λ.
- Wave number :– It is number of wave per cm. It is denoted by a v.
- Frequency :– is the number of complete wave length unit passing through a given point in unit time. it is denoted by V.
Energy of EMR are calculated by following equation.
E = energy of radiation.
h = planks constant.
v = frequency of radiation.
• Classification of spectroscopy on working principal :-
1. Absorption of radiation :– uv spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy , colorimetery.
2. Emissions of radiation :– flame photometry , fluorimetry
3. Change in EMR due to change in magnetic level :– ESR ,NMR
4. Spectroscopy in which EMR are not used :- mass spectroscopy.
• Based on change of energy :-
1. Atomic spectroscopy :- change in energy level at atomic level.
Eg. Atomic absorption spectroscopy, flame photometry
2. Molecular spectroscopy :- change in energy level at molecular level.
Eg. Uv spectroscopy , colorimetery, IR radiation.
Mathematics equation :-
Reference take from text book of third edition p.analysis. Written by Dr. S. Ravi sankar.
1. In which spectroscopy EMR are not used ?
Ans. Mass spectroscopy.
2. Number of wave per cm is called as
Ans. Wave number.
3. What is wave length of IR ?
4. Which spectroscopy is working on principal of the emissions radiation ?
Ans. Flame photometry.
5. If wave length is 10 nm . So what is the frequency ?
6. UV spectroscopy is working on which principal?
7 . Calculation the energy for 500 A wave length ?
8 . What is wave length of the vaccum uv ?
Ans. 10 – 100 nm
9. EMR are consist of
10 . Which spectroscopy is working on the principle of magnetic level ?