Application and IR frequency :-
1. To study of the polymer.
2. To find out the cis – trans ratio in a mixture of compound.
3. To detected impurity in sample
4. To identify drug structure.
5. In quantity analysis.
6. Identify functional group and study of new compound structure.
The entire IR frequency are divide into two parts
1. Group frequency region 4000 cm to 1500 cm
2. Finger print region 1500 cm to 400 cm.
Different functional group IR region
1.Which Group frequency region in IR spectroscopy?
A. 4000cm to 1500 cm
B. 1000cm to 4999cm
C. 4000 cm to 1000 cm
D. None of this.
Ans . A
2 .Which of the following finger print region found in IR spectroscopy?
A. 4000 to 1000 cm
B. 1500 to 400 cm
C. 200 to 1400cm
D. 2999 to 1200 cm
3. Which analytical technique are used to measure CIS and TRANS in compound mixture ?
A. Uv SPECTROSCOPY
B. Acid base Titration
C. Non aqueous titration
D. Ir SPECTROSCOPY
4. Which is range of absorption of functional group of c-H stretching in alkane ?
A. 3900- 1200 cm
B. 2960-2850 cm
C. 3000 – 2800 cm
D. 2100- 2600 cm
5. Which is range of absorption of functional group of c-H stretching in aromatic ?
6. Which is range of absorption of functional group of C-O ( alcohol) stretching ?
B. 1110 – 1200
C. 1600- 1400
D. 1500 – 1600
7.Which is range of absorption of functional group of C-N stretching?
A. 1000 – 1400 cm
B. 2000- 2400 cm
C. 1700-1800 cm
D. 1300 – 1400 cm
8. Which is range of absorption of functional group of C-O ( phenols) stretching ?
A. 1000 – 1200 cm
C. 1100-1200 cm
D. 1000-1100 cm
9. Which of the following are application of IR spectroscopy ?
A. To study polymer
B. To determined impurity
C. Identify functional group
D. All of the above
10. Which range of absorption of functional group of O-H stretching (Free) in IR?
C. 3300- 3400
D. 3000 – 3200
All Reference take into the book of analysis third edition of the Dr.s. ravisankar