ANTIBIOTIC ZONE READER
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
- Connect the three pin plug to the main supply.
- Switch “ON” the main switch. Digital display will be showing some reading.
- Switch “ON” the Lamp.
- Turn the right side ‘Slider knob’ fully anticlockwise.
- Keep the sample petriplate on the top belt.
- Put magnetic clamp around the petriplate and slide it manually.
- One edge of circle zone image just touches the mark line on the viewing glass.
- Rotate the dial given below the display unit to focus the image of the sample.
- If required, again adjust the arc precisely from one edge of zone, tangential with mark line on the viewing glass by the ‘slider knob’.
- Press “ZERO” switch for few seconds and then release to make the reading 00.0 on the display.
- Now turn the right side slider knob slowly, in clock wise position, till the other edge of the zone image touches the mark line on the viewing glass.
- Note the reading in millimeter (mm) directly on the digital display.
- Take the calibrated circular disc.
- Place the disc between the magnetic holders.
- Adjust scale to zero and move the scale so that the entire disc is covered.
- Record the data in calibration record format.
- Measure the diameter of the disc by Vernier caliper and record the reading in calibration record format.
- Acceptance criteria: ±2 mm of measured diameter.