Pharmacovigilance: As per the WHO pharmacovigilance is branch of science that deals with the activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other possible drug related problems.
Current scenario of Pharmacovigilance industry in India: Currently Pharmacovigilance industry is on its boom. There are more than 10000 licensed drug manufacturers in India which will recruit pharmacovigilance professionals in good numbers. Recently government also approved provision of Pharmacovigilance officer at every government hospital. However it is required financial department approval.
Companies involve in Pharmacovigilance: CRO, IT firms such as TCS, WIPRO, Cognizent Pharma companies like as Dr Reddy’s lab, Cipla, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Ranbaxy, Matrix laboratories ltd., Merck, Clinigene and Novartis etc. Moreover KPO & BPO industry also involve in this segment.
Eligibility: B.Pharm, M.Pharm, MBBS, BDS,MDS,BVSC, BAMS, BUMS, nursing (BS) or allied health sciences (BSc), MSc, BPT etc.
Salary Scale: fresher can get 3.5 lakh per annum; 3-4 yesr experienced candidate can get almost 8 lakh per annum or above
Job profile of pharmacovigilance officers:
Following action to be carried out by PV officers
- Identify all adverse drug event reports received and completed;
- Assess and review them with all documents, and compile data in an adverse event report;
- Data enter report into the safety database;
- Coding of adverse events in the safety database;
- Execute adverse events labeling assessment, comparing adverse event to adverse events earlier reported and contained in the product label
- Release report to safety database
Clinical Research Institute in India: Click Here
Current job opening for Pharmacovigilance officers: Click Here