Date of seminar : July 18, 2019 to July 19, 2019
Venue : Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bengaluru 560107
Organizer : Department of Pharmaceutics Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy
Organizing secretary : Dr. B L R Madhavi
Email Id of conference : email@example.com
Abstract submission last date : July 13, 2019
For more information : Click Here
For Broucher Link : Click Here
Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, which most of the researchers are working on. IP needs protection. There are several compelling reasons to promote and protect IP through an efficient and an equitable IP system. Scientists need to assess if their research work can be translated to Intellectual property. There is a lack of understanding about the fundamentals as well as the nuances of the techno-legal considerations involved to know if their intellectual property is worth protecting, by securing a ‘patent’. The proposed workshop aims to impart the basics about intellectual property and IP system, the basic principles in analyzing and potential interpretation of the technical information provided in patents. This program will provide insight into the processing of intellectual property and its interpretation as it proceeds through various stages (office actions) to the grant of a patent. Several actual cases will be presented and discussed during the course of the presentation.
• Dr. Umesh V Banakar, Professor and President, Banakar Consulting Services, Carmel, Indiana, USA.
• Dr. Chandrashekhar, N.S., Ex-Thomson Reuters, Head-IP , Bengaluru, India.
• Ms. Amrita G, Registered Patent Agent, R. K. Dewan & Co., Bengaluru.
• Dr Rajashree Gude, Associate Professor, Dept of Pharmaceutics, Goa College of Pharmacy, Panaji.
• Mr Ashraya S Chakraborty, Acharya School of Law, Bengaluru, India.